Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lost Valley. Day 5...

School prep was more than I bargined for..just now finishing Lost valley....Sorry so tardy.

Today was the all day rides...and I am not kidding when I say ALL DAY rides. Unfortunately, I could hear my mom and dad through my subconscious saying "Courtney Elizabeth Hahn you take it easy." ( To this day my Dad still calls me "Courtney Hahn" when he starts to get angry.)

Oh, it was sooooo unbelievably difficult to turn down an all day cattle drive! I guess some of Lost Valley's cattle had wandered over to a neighboring ranch a few miles away and were causing a bit of trouble. BUT
I had to leave this one alone....as much as I wanted to be a part of it.  I said no...thinking I better take a rain check this year.

Since I did not go out early, I was able to see the kids scavenger hunt in the morning before they left on their all day horseback adventure.

The kids broke off into teams...and I caught this picture of the boys arm and arm...Cam's little arm is around Jax's bottom.  They are sweet to include him!

They were sticking together! It was so exciting as they took off gathering everything from road apples (ahem..horse poop) to pine cones, to jolly ranchers, to Aspen leaves, to odd questions about the staff.  They had a blast and they WON!  Free milkshakes at The Fountain!!

The boys then headed off with the kids on their all day ride to a natural water slide made of rocks.  I heard the water was COLD...but as the boys said "who cares."

And as for me...I could not waste the beautiful day...



So I headed out on a ride...

It certainly humbles you when you can take in such beauty...we are so small in this big world.


It is was so quiet...just listening to the wind...



On top of the world...I am one lucky girl.



Clint went on his own ride today...so it was just me and Cutter.
We all met up that afternoon for a little swimming.  Nice dive Gav!


Not to shabby Cam...


Then it was back to the cabin to get cleaned up and to whittle some sticks before dinner...(with their new knives...uugghhh, I have no will power.)


Then it was time to go down for dinner...



There was no evening activity tonight, so we played a mean game of Yahtzee. Although, it was not long before everyone agreed that they were too tired to play anymore and we all went to bed...a good day!

No comments: