Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring Trip to Illinois






It is amazing how life's happenings certainly make you slow down and remember what is important -- and it all boils down to my FAMILY! I took a trip to visit my amazing grandparents, now 90 and 85, who can still make a delicious pot au fue. Thank you Papa and GG. I loved being able to sit and talk and just "hang" out with you. It was the best.
My trip was motivated by my dear Kimbo, who was diagnosed with breast cancer that has metastasized. It is something like this that I can drop everything I am doing (including my new career as a pediatric dental assistant) and be there for my family. I did not want to be anywhere else but in Illinois. (Thank you Clint, boys, my Mom and Bill, Papa Rob and Shar Shar, and Curt for helping out...so I could be there for Kim and my grandparents.)
When I got there I was just amazed at Kim. Don't let her diagnosis lead to believe that she is not taking this disease head on! Not to mention her amazing positive attitude and sense of humour. She is an inspiration to me and to so many others who continue to lift her up and pray for her every day.
While I was visiting, we stumbled upon this adorable, BIG saint Bernard puppy....and well, she is now part of the family! :-) Kim called me and said " I officially pulled the crazy, cancer lady card." Kim just fell in love and I think the feelings are mutual. She does not leave Kim's side. So welcome Miss Maggie, or large Marge!

No comments: