Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Never a dull moment with Cammer Jammer





Well, we have our first broken arm in the family....and Cammy takes the prize!

I will paint the picture for you...

As luck would have it, Clint was out of town and we are all settling down after a busy day. I was on the phone with Chris about watching his kids the next day (Jane is in Guatemala picking up their daughter, Ana...long story there). Cam was being a pistol and picking Lucy up from her fur. So I picked Cam up, phone between my ear and shoulder, and put him in the pack and play for a time out. He started crying and I thought it was because he was in time out. I finished the call and got him out. I made him say sorry to Lucy and realized he was grabbing his arm, not moving it and wanting a bandaid. He was saying "Ouch, my arm...my arm hurts!."

Baffled at what happened.... I mistakenly told Cam and the boys that maybe I picked Cam up wrong and pulled his arm out of the socket???? (Not sure if you remember that Gavin pulled his arm out of his socket when he was 11 months old.) I called Chris back who is an ER doc and he came over to try to put his elbow back in place ( Chris, thank you sooo much for coming over...especially with everything you had going on!). After 4 tries and Cam screaming in pain...we took him to the ER. Turns out he broke his elbow in two places! The only thing that comes to mind of how this happened...is that he threw himself down in the crib (usually laughing) like he always does and landed funny....YIKES!

Well, Cam now has a nice blue cast and tells everyone that "Mommy hurt his socket" and tells me NOT to do it again. He will have the cast on for 4 weeks and they will do another x-ray. They will decide then if he needs to have another cast.

My little Cammy...he keeps me busy:-)

No comments: