Gavin and Jackson went away to Eagle Lake camp up in the mountains -- first sleep away camp....a success!
As I packed the boys, my anxiety of packing them up for 5 days with no parent contact was setting in. What was I thinking??? I kept reminding myself what my mom told me...."Honey, you must give them their wings." As hard as it was to let them go, I did it and they had a GREAT time!
On the first day of camp, we were greeted by all the amazing staff that were lined up on either side of the car cheering and screaming to greet us. It was very fun and great initial impression of Eagle Lake. As we checked in and got a map to their cabin we got to explore the camp and look around. We found their cabin, rustic but very cute. No electricity, no bathroom attached -- I think my Suburban was bigger than their cabin! They ended up having 5 boys in their cabin with two counselors.
The boys did everything from zip lining (the 2nd largest zip line in the U.S.) to the Blob (a huge inflatable raft in the lake where the camper would jump on and go sit on the end. Then a counselor would jump from a platform and send them flying into the lake-it is shown in the picture of the boys in front of the lake). They also where able to go fishing and canoeing, and tried archery, the rifle range, the climbing wall, played a huge game of capture the flag through the woods with war paint on their faces, and also played Matrix, a very fun relay game.
They had a such a good time. A big part of the camp was also Bible study. I just love that the boys were in such a beautiful, fun environment learning more about themselves and God.
Although the boys had a blast and can't wait to go back next year, their little bro missed them terribly. But, secretly I think his older brothers missed him too. There was a camp store and the first thing the boys bought with their money was a stuffed animal for Cameron! They surprised Cam and gave it to him when they got home. It was very sweet --absence does make the heart grow fonder...even if it only lasted a few hours:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment