Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

April 2012

Well I better hurry up and post April before May is over...I just can't get my act together!

April was action-packed and full of excitement...from Easter to Bronchitis, to a Shakespeare show to amazing artwork, to birthday celebrations to a cast on the arm.  And a whole lot of stuff in between...

We will start with Easter...

Easter egg dying was a success! 


Simply because...


We did it in shifts...not because I was overly organized...but because one child was on his death bed...and the other was at a movie with a friend...and the youngest little Will just couldn't wait another minute-- and let's just say my mommy patience was wearing thin!

And so he took his sweet time making each egg an art masterpiece.


Finally his older bro got home and jumped right in to dye his eggs.

At age 12 he still thinks it is fun...
(the boys happily dyed Gavin's eggs because he was too sick.. poor guy).


Although I think my days are numbered when I can try to sneak and take a nice picture..

I feel the pre-teen vibe going on...


Then it was cupcake making time...


And as if the loads of sugar in the cupcakes weren't enough, Cam decided spoonfuls
of frosting does a body good...


Actually...the heck with the spoon!


After an action packed evening getting ready for Easter Sunday. 
 It was off to bed to see what the Easter bunny would bring.

Oh, look, the Easter bunny came! 
Cam looks like you had a good sleep..nice hair!

Jax with his "excited" face...
(Keep it up and next year no chocolate bunny! :-)


Easter brunch was great...all the fam gathered at the Will's


Always nice to have everyone together...
But we were missing poor G who was up in my room sick as a dog.


Turns out poor G came down with a nasty case of bronchitis.

But Cam happily watched over his Easter loot!
Hummm...does he look guilty or what?? Caught red handed!


 
He finally felt well enough to see what the Easter bunny left him...


After a little soup...and a rabbit ear...it was back to bed to recover.


As G recovered slowly, we got an exciting call from Cameron's art teacher.

A piece of Cameron's artwork was chosen by the Cherry Creek School district to be displayed in their new administration building!  From what I understand, all schools within the district from high schools all the way down to Elementary submited artwork and Cameron's owl got chosen!! 

His owl will be professionally framed and will have a plaque with his name and grade on it.



Here is a picture of his owl that we took before it was sent to the district.


Cameron also gave an awesome performance in his Shakespeare play as Henry the 5th!


Here he is practicing...and goofing around :-)


Then is was Gavin's Birthday!!!!

I can't believe he is 11!
(I am feelin' rather old!)


I love this picture...here Gavin is opening Grandpa Will and Ann's
card with a picture of a Manning Jersey :-)


Then he ran over to hug them!


Happy Boy!


Gavin invited his buddies to a movie to help him celebrate


He got a special gift from his bud Ethan...
a picture of Cam Newton...signed by him!


Here is Gavin with his buddy Nicholas....great buds!


And for Gavin's birthday he also got a cast on his arm! 
Silly boy and wall ball don't mix!  No more wall ball Gavin James!


It has been a crazy busy month!  Got to love it!  Keeps us on our toes :-)

No comments: