Turns out that a bunch of Jax's buddies from school all went the same week. They were all bumping chests as they met up at camp...a guy thing I guess :-)
Gavin met up with his swim buddy, Hunter. I was, of course, lingering to make sure the boys were all settled. And the boys were quick to shoe us out the door.
I guess hugging them and telling them I will miss and love them is a bit "uncool." Is this is happening already??? Gulp....
As the older boys were at camp, we had some special "Cam Time" and loved every minute. As you know we went to the Aquarium, but we also ate lots of ice cream, bought a special Lego at Target, and went swimming, but the highlight of the week was our trip to Estes Park.
Camp Timberline is only 7 miles from Estes Park, so we decided to go up early and spend the night before picking up the boys.
We stopped at the scenic overlook and also fed some chipmunks. We did not know we were traveling with Dr. Doolittle himself...
It is not every day the chipmunks eat right out of your hand!! Cam absolutely loved it!!
And of course we had to stop for lunch....
And had milkshake at an old fashion ice cream parlor....it was YUUMMMY!
And a we had a mean game of miniature golf...needless to say I lost. But then again Cam would take a shot and yell "re-do!!" if he didn't make it in the hole. But, I did make a hole in one!! It was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. :-)
Oh and Cam went on the gyro trampoline. Check out his flip!! (oops, I filmed him sideways)
Then it was FINALLY time to pick up Jax and Gav! I missed them terribly and could not WAIT to see them!
Here is Jax with his cabin....
The theme of camp this year was to get "Gripped."-- to get gripped by God instead of your fears. They both grew so much in their faith, as well as in themselves. They played football, hockey, hiked, did the zip lines, as well as the much talked about mountain adventure. They had a blast!!
There was a closing ceremony at camp and their counselors presented them with Character Quality Awards, along with scripture...
Jax was presented the character quality award of being
Thankful ( I Thessalonians 5:18) and Dependability ( Matthew 25:21)
This is what his counselors wrote:
Jackson will be missed! His thankful attitude made it easy for us as counselors to help him. He was also remarkably consistent and stable; he was an anchor for our cabin. Jackson was a joy to have and we are excited to see where God takes Him!
Gavin was presented the character quality award of
Integrity (Proverbs 10:9) and Obedience (John 2:5-6)
This is what his counselors wrote:
Gavin was an awesome addition to our cabin this week! When we needed to look for a man of integrity and honesty we knew we could look to him. His obedience is amazing and we hope to see it continued through his faith.
It was pretty awesome to see the boys and hug them. I was proud of them and boy, did they miss Cam!
No comments:
Post a Comment