
















Kimbo and Kaitlyn flew in on Friday and we surprised the boys at school. It was a surprise in itself that they were in Colorado and then we told the boys we were off to Lost Valley Ranch. They were sooooooo excited!!!
So we pulled them out of school and headed for "the hills." We got to LVR, got settled and immediately had to head out to visit the horses and show Kimbo and Kate the lay of the land.
The weekend was so relaxing. The kids had such a good time with one another and I got time with my Kimbo!! No laundry, no cooking, no cleaning....just sore bottoms from too much ridin'...really is there anything better???? Kaitlyn and I were two peas in a pod riding. I showed her how a little jumping was done (Kimbo...really she was safe...just an ity bity jump :-)) and she showed me how to ride barrels.
On Friday night there was a square dance where all the staff were quick to get the kids on the dance floor and thoroughly embarrass all of them! On Saturday night, the chef, who is from Italy, made a meal that was off the charts! There were 10 different dishes -- all authentic Italian. It was delicious!! There was also a halloween celebration that night and everyone got to dress up.
The weekend ended on a perfect note when we heard over our wranglers walkie-talkie that two cows (that had been missing) needed to get back to the ranch. So of course Kate and I volunteered to get the job done. It was so much fun to watch her face while she was hearding the cattle in.
Not sure everyone would agree that LVR is the perfect vacation spot...but I just love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment