Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Meet Huckleberry Finn - Our hairless wonder

Well, I guess you can say...as one door closes, it opens the door for another!

If you had told me I would some day have a sphynx cat I would probably think you were nuts!

Well, now I can say that we are all absolutely NUTS over our sweet boy Finn!



Yes, agreed... a bit of an acquired taste...

 
Ever since the boys discovered the breed they were on a mission to get one.
Researching the sphynx and saving their money!
 
And we caved --
 
We got on a waiting list.
 
The breeder has been so kind the boys.  He has let them come over since the kittens were born. We were WAY down on the waiting list. But the boys loved going to see the kittens.

We got to see them and play with them since they were just two weeks old!

 
Cameron instantly fell in love with a special little kitten
...he was the smallest out of the litter.
 
Every time we would visit Cameron would have him in his lap.
 
 
 
We did not know that this little man would eventually be ours.
 
(Finn is 4 weeks here.)
 

Thank goodness there were 3 other kittens to play with..
 

 
 
One day while the boys were at school I got a call from he breeder.
The little boy that Cam loved so much was supposed to go to a breeder in Belgium!!
I guess she decided against him...
Here is Cam's reaction to the news..
 
 
 
So the count down was on until we could bring little Finn home!
 
Another VERY cool thing-- 
We got to babysit the whole litter for week!

 
 
I think it was the highlight of the year!
 
Four hairless kittens staying at our house!
I mean honestly...can you think of anything better?!
 
 


Once you meet Finn, you will see why the sphynx's personality is like no other!



Technically a cat...But more like a dog...
 
Here is Finn fetching...such talent for such a young feline :-)
 

These two are inseparable...

 
 
Well, beside climbing the drapes occasionally, he is a very good boy.
And settling right in  -- Even the dogs seem to think he is pretty cool.
 
He is definitely a "Will."
 
 
 
He even wants to be a swimmer when he grows up!
 

No comments: