Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Will's Hit the Slopes
















What a great day! We woke up and decided to head to the mountains for our first family ski day. What a blast!
We had planned to take family ski trips last year -- I bought all new ski equipment and bought Cameron a ski harness -- we were all set! Then I took a little spill and fractured my ankle. Now, over a year later, Mom had to get the courage up to try skiing with a bad ankle.

I was a little discouraged as I tried to put my ski boot on and could not get my foot in! (I still do not have full range of motion in my ankle). After trying for 30 minutes and feeling as though I just did an aerobic workout, I got the boot on. And it did NOT feel good.

Despite the boot drama and trying to deal the discomfort, I decided to try it. I am so glad I did! It was amazing to watch Jackson and Gavin ski. I am not sure if I was completely "loving it" as I was having heart palpitations watching them zip past everyone, including me! I was constantly yelling, "slow down"..."be careful"..."be safe." I am not sure they will WANT to ski with Mom again. Dad seems to be a lot more fun to ski with... LOL!

It was an absolute gorgeous day -- Not a cloud in the sky. Colorado skiing at it's best!! Perfect for Cameron's first ski experience. He was in ski school from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. He ABSOLUTELY loved it. His new nick name is "little Rip." As we were packing up he said "Mom, I am actually NOT going to be a scuba diver when I grow up...I am going to be a professional skier!" Well, thank goodness he has decided his career path.

We live in such an amazing, beautiful place! Kind of takes your breath away. Here are some pictures and video. I had to bribe Jackson and Gavin to ski SLOW so I could take a small video clip. Cameron's video was taken in ski school.

No comments: