Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

An Amazing trip to Lost Valley Ranch

****Click the arrows under the pictures for the videos****

OOOOO-AHHHHH!!! Yup, we crossed the cattle guard and what a blast! The whole family left for a full week of riding, fishing, hiking, swimming and eating.

I am not sure of where to start and pictures and me telling you what an amazing trip will never do it justice. All I can say is that we just LOVE Lost Valley and we hope to vacation here once a year.

When we arrived at the ranch we headed down to the corral to get our horse assignment for the week. Jax and Gav had their usual Cash and Stinky. Dad got Jake and Mom tried a new horse named Sundance ( I loved her...I want to buy her. She was amazing!). Cammers got to ride Dewey, the pony, all week.

After getting fit to our saddles etc. we headed to a rodeo. We saw some pretty cute wranglers showin' off there stuff :-) There was bull riding and lots of fun events to watch.

Every day there were fun, family activities for everyone. All three boys had "Kid Soups" in charge of their age group. They did fun things such as crafts, scavenger hunts, tubing down the river and of course riding. This allowed Mom and Dad to hit the trails by themselves and enjoy their time together...How nice! The Kid Soups also would eat with the kids one meal a day to give the parents a chance to "actually" eat :-)

The boys did a ton of riding and are actually getting quite good. Clint has also gotten very good on this trip...lots of loping and even a little jumping! He even bought a cowboy hat to make it official! I have to admit that he does look very handsome --There is something about a man in a cowboy hat!

Another special treat on this trip was a visit by Granny. My mom came up for a couple of days and was able to experience Lost Valley....FINALLY! She got to dance with some fine lookin' cowboys during the square dance, sing at a campfire out at the Jail and of course took her first horseback ride on Lefty! She is hooked!

Last the boys and I took part in a Guest Rodeo the last day. We all did the barrells and I also did some team penning with some calves...impressive huh??? ( I will try to get that video download on the computer too)

I could go on forever and ever....I think the video I put together of our visit to Lost Valley says it all! We will cherish these memories.....we are so very blessed.

I included two other videos taken at the campfire. One is of Cam and the cowboys singing and the other is my favorite song the staff sing every year, "How Great Thou Art."

No comments: