Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Back from Mexico-Playa Del Carmen






















What a great trip. I am really not sure where to begin...


Clint and I decided to take a 10 year wedding anniversary trip -- one year late :-). We had never been to Mexico and heard great things about Playa Del Carmen -- so we booked a condo right off the beach. We opted not to stay at an all-inclusive resort and we fell in love with the Arena Blanca, the condo we stayed in. A very small, beautiful building that only has 9 units and is own private pool. It was beautifully landscaped, had wonderful amenities and just a short walk off the beach and the famous 5th Avenue. It was great!


Clint and I spent our days relaxing by the beach...or if we didn't feel like sand we sat by the pool. It was so nice to actually have a conversation and finish it without having to pour a drink or wipe a butt :-) We did take occasional strolls on the beach or down fifth browsing in the shops.

The highlight of the trip (at least for me) was swimming with the dolphins. I have always wanted to do this and I can officially check it off my "bucket list." I was able to kiss, hug and swim with them. I even got to do a "foot push" and "dorsal fin pull" through the water. It was so much fun. I think I could do that every day. They are just such sweet creatures! Here is a link to a short video of me doing my stunts with the dolphins...it is pretty funny :-)



Clint and I also took a trip to Tulum, an ancient Mayan ruin that sits right on the coast line. Talk about amazing!!! It was very inspiring to think we were actually standing where the Mayans once stood and built these incredible structures. I was amazed of how much the Mayans knew about astronomy, number and calenders...Very very interesting. I would love to show the boys. Not to mention the HUGE iguanas everywhere around the ruins...right up their alley! We also snorkeled in a lagoon close by---very cool!

Unfortunately we could not do too much hiking etc. because of my never ending, healing fracture, but we had no problem sipping our margaritas and relaxing for most of the time :-)

As you can probably tell it was so nice and a much needed vacation. We are ready to book the same place next year...but this time with the boys. Considering Cameron had an intestinal bug with stuff coming out at both ends the entire time we are gone. I am not sure we could convince my mom to watch them again!!! :-) And we missed them too much. There is so much to see and do -- they would LOVE it!

No comments: