Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Taekwondo Boys - So very proud!





















Last weekend Jackson and Gavin tested in Taekwondo. Jax tested for his orange belt and Gavin tested for his yellow belt. They both did exceptionally well. We are just so proud of their dedication and hard work. They truly love Taekwondo and would go every day if I would let them.

Here are some photos of testing day and of Master Han Lee (Olympic champion). There are also pictures of the belt ceremony with Master "A." At the belt ceremony, the boys were called up separately. They were presented with framed certificates and their new belts. They were both beaming with pride :-) So cute!

The highlight was the board breaking that evening. Before the ceremony, the boys were to take home a board and write what their belt color "means" -- Gavin, white belt, was "focus" and Jax, yellow belt, was "Enthusiasm." Then they had to write a bad habit they wanted to break on the back. Everyone broke boards --EVEN Cameron!!!

Cameron wore a uniform to the ceremony and had no problems counting in Korean and saying "The Black Belt Excellence" with the rest of the class - " I',m a winner, I'm a champion, I'm a future black belt, sir!" I think Cam is well on his way of following in his brothers footsteps.




No comments: